Saturday, April 16, 2011

Although i sit here all wet and drippily

Photo By Allie Crafton
Although i sit here all wet and drippily
My fingers ask me sweetly if they can write
So I decide to let them
I also let my tongue taste the ice cream
and the rain
I also let my lips touch the flower
My flowers you gave me are little golden moons
the pink edges speak to me
and tell me they are mine
the white complements my eyes you say
so do the little golden moons my sunshine I say 
"where are we going?" my feet ask me
My heart tells them "I do not know"
but my eyes ask to linger on the flowers
my roses are drooping
my plumerias wet
He made me sit and think
He made me walk and laugh
What are you thinking my head likes to ask
My hands tell my mind, "do not worry about it
for you never can tell
on a night like this
for she smells change in the air"
"Do you see the curtains" my hair asks my arms?
"Do you see how they kiss her face?"
I tell my little ones
"I think I love the curtain
he bids me to look behind him"
What is behind the curtain?
The chimes try to answer
but only in looking will I find...
Although I sit here all wet and drippily
My fingers ask me sweetly if they can write
"Give us a moment," they whisper,
"and let us show you where your heart can take you"
"But where am I going?"
my heart tries to ask
"But where am I going?"
I venture to ask
and then the curtain covers up my keyboard
it gives me a hug
come
come it calls
come and find
it's quite dark out there
on the window are the
dripping dots.
they ooze down
carrying their stories
"i bet if you put your ear up close,"
I tell the curtain,
"you can here them whisper"
They've always told me stories...
two and blue
and in the car seat
and it's gone
it is over
and done.


- Alexandra Crafton





No comments:

Post a Comment